The KCH Outpatient Pharmacy - Here for You

KCH Blog Post

We now proudly offer a hospital outpatient pharmacy with retail pharmacy services, a specialty pharmacy, and home infusion services in Knox County.


With the KCH Outpatient Pharmacy now open to the public and accepting transfers, we wanted to share a story about how dedicated we are to ensuring outpatients and the community have the medication they need.


"Hello. My name is Patrick, and I wanted to share my recent experience with the team at Knox Specialty Pharmacy and how they helped me.


I was experiencing uncontrolled body movements, diagnosed as Tardive Dyskinesia. Unfortunately, the first medication that I was prescribed caused me to have adverse side effects. In fact, my condition began to worsen over the next few months to the point that I was having terrible memory issues and was unable to communicate. My brother, who lives near Chicago, was doing his best to help manage my healthcare due to my deteriorating condition.


In September, my doctor decided to try a new medication called INGREZZA®. We met several roadblocks. The new prescription was sent to two local pharmacies, where I was told that the medication was "unavailable to order" and that "prior authorization" was needed.


My brother looked on the internet and called KCH Outpatient Hospital Pharmacy, where he spoke to Andy. Andy assured my brother that KCH would do everything possible to get this medication to me, so we agreed to utilize their pharmacy. Pharmacist Hong at the Knox Specialty Pharmacy was instrumental in obtaining my prior authorization. However, my out-of-pocket expense was still considerable for a 30-day supply. Hong continued searching for a way to get the treatment I needed, and she found a foundation that would help reduce the cost.


On 9-18-23, I started taking INGREZZA®, and my symptoms began to improve immensely. My tremors have improved so much that I can now get around, and my mental clarity and ability to speak have almost returned to normal.


I am fortunate and thankful to have had so many people pray for me through this trying time. I know that God has put the correct people in place to make a difference in my life.


"Knox Community Hospital uses a slogan that says, "In the Community, for the Community," and I can attest that they were there for me and that they will be there for you." -Patrick


KCH Outpatient Pharmacy | KCH Specialty Pharmacies | Home Infusion

To start using the KCH Outpatient Pharmacy for your medication needs, call us at 740.326.3485. Tell us if you want to start using our pharmacy, and we will do the rest of the work for you. Another option is to let your doctor know at your next appointment that you want to begin using the KCH Outpatient Retail Pharmacy for all your medication needs. It's that simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Role of Nurse Practitioners in Specialty Care - Cardiology

We Are PAs

I am not a doctor.